MSMQ Deleted Message Queuing Private Queues individually before losing RDP to Azure WS2019 Server

Copper Contributor

Hi,

I had a problem with an application and acted too hastily or misunderstanding the advice of a subscriber on another forum, right clicking and deleting all private queues in computer management, services and applications, message queuing (Windows 2019 Azure server)

Now I need a plan to resolve the issue. I would like to know how much trouble I'm in.

The impact of deleting private queues and queue messages/journal messages subfolders was not obvious at first.  However upon restart, RDP connection to the Azure server was lost. Azure server was setup by IT department and I was RDPing to it from a work server. Regarding the deleted private queues, I didn't export any before delete, didn't take screenshots, and remember zeroes for number of messages and number of journal messages. 

I think that by deleting the private queues this may have stopped a service associated with an IPSEC tunnel from starting when the server was restarted.

1. What is the liklely cause of not being able to connect to IPSEC tunnel after deleting private queues?  2. What would be the steps to resolve this?

3. Will the deleted private messages re-populate if MSMQ is uninstaled/reinstalled?

4. Does the following sound reasonable?

a. . Reconnect to Azure server through a control panel (never done this personally) and somehow get remote access in a different way (presuming the IPSEC connection will not work until the issue is resolves) - Any ideas on this?

b. Uninstal MSMQ through the Add Roles and features Wizard from Server Manager

c. Install Message queuing (1 of 6 like in another server running the same apps - Message queuing server through the Add Roles and Features Wizard.

0 Replies