manipulation with users and groups in root domain

Brass Contributor

Hi, we have problem with application server which resides in tree domain dm1.domain.com, we need to manipulate users and groups (crerate user, add to group e.t.c) in our root domain dm.domain.com, this application server (linux based) uses AD ldap to connect to tree domain, there is no direct connection to root domain controllers. Wee need to create users and groups through this application server in root domain. Is this possible to configure somehow?

Thanks

10 Replies
You could try to use a Windows SSH service that you connect from your application server, from there you could start PowerShell scripts to create a root domain user?
Did this answer your question?
Hi Harm i was try to use powershell but it doesnt work from tree domain, we must directly connect to root domain
The tree domain has a connection to the root domain, if you can connect the root domain it would be easier. But you can do it with enough permissions from a tree domain server and supplying the correct OU path (ou=users,ou=corp,dc=root,dc=domain something etc.)
Do you have an update for us?

@Harm_Veenstra I have try it with enterprise admin credentials and correct ou path but it doesn't work either, ldap referrals is not present in tree domain from root domain.

We have must connect directly to root domain DC.

That's too bad, it's not something with secure ldap requirements as a difference with the tree domain?
Any update for us?

@Harm_Veenstra Nope, you can close the thread 

I can't close it, I'm not a forum Admin and it remains open for people to respond to or learn from