SOLVED

Introduction to Nano Server

Brass Contributor

I thought of starting this community discussion by sharing some good resources out there. Smiley Happy

This is an exciting new future for Windows Server, I am looking forward to more content or details being made available during Ignite. Heart

4 Replies
Some Fantastic resources thank you. As someone who sidestepped more into cloud services over the past couple of years It's great to see a resource repository so I can at least keep up to date on the newer server tech!
Nice collection of links Ryen, great starting point for people looking to get started with Nano.

A good set of links. 

If I can add one more, it's worth pointing out this article as well:

Windows Server 2016 new Current Branch for Business servicing option

Note Software Assurance is mandatory for production use, as are frequent updates, with only the last two releases supported.   

best response confirmed by Ryen Tang (Brass Contributor)
Solution

@Cian Allner wrote:

A good set of links. 

Note Software Assurance is mandatory for production use, as are frequent updates, with only the last two releases supported.   

Hi Cian,

Thank you for pointing this out. Smiley Happy

I will include this into the TechNet Wiki: Nano Server Survival Guide and many other scattered information out there (Eg. IIS on Nano Server from IIS.NET Community Blogs).

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Ryen Tang (Brass Contributor)
Solution

@Cian Allner wrote:

A good set of links. 

Hi Cian,

Thank you for pointing this out. Smiley Happy

I will include this into the TechNet Wiki: Nano Server Survival Guide and many other scattered information out there (Eg. IIS on Nano Server from IIS.NET Community Blogs).

View solution in original post