SOLVED

How to continue to receive monthly updates for Windows Server 2019 Version 1809?

Copper Contributor

Is it possible to still download monthly updates for Windows Server 2019 Version 1809? If not, is it possible to upgrade in place from Version 1809 to Version 20H2? 

Thanks.

9 Replies

Of course, find the updates listed here.

Windows 10 and Windows Server 2019 update history (microsoft.com)

then enter in the KBxxxxx here for download.

Microsoft Update Catalog

or the much simpler method is to just turn on automatic updating. As to in-place upgrading this is never recommended but it is supported to upgrade to the next LTSC version Server 2022 You cannot in-place upgrade from an LTSC version to SAC channel. Also note that SAC has been deprecated.

@Dave Patrick 

Thank you. I did go to Windows update catalog, however I do not see a download for Server 2019 version 1809. 

This is what I see. The only one listed for Server 2019 does not install on Version 1809. 

WilliamJin_0-1631732949114.png

You originally asked about windows updates. If you wanted to download Server 2019 the only public available is the evaluation found here.

Try Windows Server 2019 on Microsoft Evaluation Center

Yes, I am asking about Windows Updates. In the windows update catalog it's not showing the Sept 2021 update for Windows Server 2019 Version 1809.

Here you go

Microsoft Update Catalog

DavePatrick_0-1631738603754.png

(please don't forget to mark helpful replies)

Hi Dave,
Right, that is where I went. However, that download (2021-09 Cumulative Update for Windows Server 2019 for x64-based Systems (KB5005568)) doesn't run on version 1809.
best response confirmed by WilliamJin (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Not sure what "doesn't run" means but also check the prerequisite SSU has been installed.

https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx?q=KB5005112

Hi Dave,
Thank you very much. It was the Aug 2021 Prereq SSU. That was the missing piece.

Glad to hear, you're welcome.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by WilliamJin (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Not sure what "doesn't run" means but also check the prerequisite SSU has been installed.

https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx?q=KB5005112

View solution in original post