SOLVED

How to configure to cache public domain long time

Iron Contributor

We have DNS server Internal and recursive for public domain , but when when show cache dns i see seem it only cache about 5 minus. How to can all public domain cache than 1 hour

thanhtien19_0-1664094757801.png

3 Replies
best response confirmed by thanhtien19 (Iron Contributor)
Solution
It's the TTL of the record in the public DNS, how the record is registered there is important. The record seems to have a TTL of 5 minutes, you can cache all you want... But it the public record has a TTL of 5 minutes and it changes, then it would be nice if you received that updated record instead of trying to keep on to a possibly outdated record ;)
Yes, but i still want cache it than 5 minutes , if you know please guide help me . I try Set-DnsServerCache MaxTtl but seen not ok
Like I explained, the website has a TTL which is configured by the company hosting it. They set it to 5 minutes for example, if they change the ip-address of the website.. Then you will have to wait 5 minutes max for it to be in your DNS server when requesting.

My advice; Open a Microsoft Ticket and let them work on your issue, your trying to fix/change things but the real issue why this is happening is not being solved now ;)
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by thanhtien19 (Iron Contributor)
Solution
It's the TTL of the record in the public DNS, how the record is registered there is important. The record seems to have a TTL of 5 minutes, you can cache all you want... But it the public record has a TTL of 5 minutes and it changes, then it would be nice if you received that updated record instead of trying to keep on to a possibly outdated record ;)

View solution in original post