SOLVED

GPO doesnt apply schedule task neither execute startup script

Copper Contributor

Hello,

Please help me, I'm getting crazy and I think I'm gonna suicide in the next days it this continue.

I need to execute a vbs script. The script works perfectly stored in local computer, then I put it on a shared folder, same shared folder for other apps that I want to deploy throught GPO and also works when I execute that in local computer.

I tried to deploy the script in 3 ways:

1. I created policy to run script at startup, nothing happened;
  2. I created policy to use a .cmd file to execute the vbs, nothing happened again;
  3. I create a policy to do a schedule task to execute the cmd and unfortunately nothing happened again.

Looks like the policy doesn't apply, for example, the scheduled task was not even created.

I already did a gpresult and check in rsop.msc and the policy is applied.

image (1).pngimage.png

3 Replies

After update windows server I think I solved the system part running the GPO but now I'm getting error on GPO Scheduled Tasks in event viewer.

Hello,
Try to create another GPP item, which will copy the script locally. Then update your scheduled task to use system account and not logged on user to execute it. Also try to avoid enforced GPO if possible.
best response confirmed by Diogo_Jesus (Copper Contributor)
Solution
Problem solved.
I tried with domain users group and have the same error, also tried with system account and task are created and executed but do dont't apply correctly the script.
I need to configure task to execute with administrator user, now it's working fine.
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Diogo_Jesus (Copper Contributor)
Solution
Problem solved.
I tried with domain users group and have the same error, also tried with system account and task are created and executed but do dont't apply correctly the script.
I need to configure task to execute with administrator user, now it's working fine.

View solution in original post