SOLVED

FRS to Dfsr migration with disabled replication

Copper Contributor
One of my domain controllers is in a secured location where the replication has been limited - repadmin /replsum throws up a bunch of errors so I can’t move forward on the dfsr migration. Is there a way to completely disable replication to that dc and for dfsrmig from there? Would that even be a smart practice/idea? What about a dc demotion add an rodc and then dfsrmig.

I know the best idea is to fix the replication limitation errors but I’m getting pushback and would like to explore alternatives.

Thanks.
3 Replies
best response confirmed by stevekeyres (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@stevekeyres 

Hello! You've posted your question in the Tech Community Discussion space, which is intended for discussion around the Tech Community website itself, not product questions.

I am not a product expert, but judging by context, I'm assuming your content is around Windows Server or Windows 10.

If you can confirm which of these is correct, I'd be happy to move this post to the appropriate place. 

Thank you @Eric Starker - It is Windows Server

Looks like this one is now closed? (answer accepted) If so I'd suggest starting a new thread if further assistance were needed.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by stevekeyres (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@stevekeyres 

Hello! You've posted your question in the Tech Community Discussion space, which is intended for discussion around the Tech Community website itself, not product questions.

I am not a product expert, but judging by context, I'm assuming your content is around Windows Server or Windows 10.

If you can confirm which of these is correct, I'd be happy to move this post to the appropriate place. 

View solution in original post