Folder redirection and backup

Copper Contributor

Hi.
On my network I've a DC Windows Server 2019 and a GPO that redirect all domain users documents ([i]in MyDocuments folder[/i]) to a network share NFS.
In the GPO settings option "[i]Grant the user exclusive rights to Documents[/i]" is enabled.
The issue is that when I try to restore any file from my file share using my backup software (Veeam)  I see all folders empty and can't restore any.
On the other side the option "Grant the user exclusive rights to Documents" has ever works fine in my networks.
Is there any way to mantain option and have working backup/restore?

And , if no, wich security potential risks are related to disable "[i]Grant the user exclusive rights to Documents[/i]" option?

Any idea?

Thanks in advance
Any idea?
thanks in advance.

3 Replies
Yes there is but you have to go through a few things to be able to have you file viewable off line. First you need to log into your cloud. After that email the file to SharePoint and save as pdf file. Then after you do that you will have to compress file for transfer to your drive. After you transfer it to your drive you can decompress file, and transfer for external storage. Please inform me if you would need any further assistance.

@Joker2020 

Hi Joker, thanks for your reply.

It seems to me a very time consuming process.

I was hopping in an easiest way.

Hello,
Why did you choose a NFS share and not a NTFS share ? And before trying to restore your files, did you check if your backup is successfull, and able to access the content of this share ?