File Share

Copper Contributor

We had a 2012 R2 file share which was used to store recordings (Archive & live) we carried out an in-place upgrade to 2019 and now we have a lot off latency issues.

Ie when we try and listen to nearly live recordings it will stutter, even if we pull it back 5mins it will still stutter.

VM Server

Any advise greatly appreciated

2 Replies

Might check here and with manufacturer about support for Server 2019

Windows Server Catalog

@Montypython 

You've also mentioned "VM Server", though I'm not clear if that means you upgraded the hypervisor or guest (I'll assume it's the latter.)

With a virtual guest, you usually need to select a guest profile that matches the guest operating system, and there's a good chance given the age difference between 2012 R2 and 2019 that your profile isn't suited to Server 2019.

Secondly - and this only really applies if you sort out the first issue above, you should consider uninstalling (if the old ones are still present) and re-installing your hypervisor's integration tool extensions. You might find they're either missing completely or profoundly out-of-date.

But as Dave said, check with your vendor - irrespective of whether that's for hardware or a hypervisor.

In-place upgrades frequently come with a high troubleshooting cost. My personal recommendation is steer clear of them.

Cheers,

Lain