failover cluster corrupts virtual machines

Copper Contributor

Dear all, i'm facing a strange situation, my servers are corrupting the VMs and I don't know why.

I have 2-NODE ready to build a fail-over cluster but with some other bugs (the validation cluster is tno completing succefully) but this is another topic. I have both servers not clustered connected via iSCSI to a Storage where all the VMs a stored.

I don't know why but suddenly the VMs just shows save-critical when I go the see the VMs they are corrupt. Can someone tell me what could be the problem?

I'm running Windows Server 2016, servers all patches, Huawei support says that there is OS issues I should contact them and I'm driving crazy.

On windows event view i got this:

######### NTFS ###########

A corruption was discovered in the file system structure on volume F:.

A corruption was found in a file system index structure.  The file reference number is 0x9000000000009.  The name of the file is "<unable to determine file name>".  The corrupted index attribute is ":$SII:$INDEX_ROOT".  The corrupted index block is located at Vcn 0xffffffffffffffff, Lcn 0xffffffffffffffff.  The corruption begins at offset 496 within the index block.

another 

The program explorer.exe version 10.0.14393.3241 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed. To see if more information about the problem is available, check the problem history in the Security and Maintenance control panel.
 Process ID: 1a58
 Start Time: 01d622b30c56d07f
 Termination Time: 0
 Application Path: C:\Windows\explorer.exe
 Report Id: 5693312b-8ea8-11ea-9c66-9418827b869b
 Faulting package full name: 
 Faulting package-relative application ID:

and on the Hyper-v session this:

Failed to load Hyper-V state for virtual machine 'DC_AD_1' from the configuration: Unspecified error (0x80004005).(Virtual machine ID 0FCE04B7-E74D-4C11-A2AC-9F562E28223A). Hyper-V may not work properly. An attempt to reload the configuration will be made in a few minutes.

Failed to load Hyper-V state for virtual machine 'ebr_APP_6' from the configuration: Unspecified error (0x80004005).(Virtual machine ID 9FC8648C-84BF-408D-831A-EF5D763E29F4). Hyper-V may not work properly. An attempt to reload the configuration will be made in a few minutes.

Failed to load Hyper-V state for virtual machine 'ebr_db_14' from the configuration: Unspecified error (0x80004005).(Virtual machine ID B9AECCD2-8C7F-43CC-B8AC-FAE7AA0E394F). Hyper-V may not work properly. An attempt to reload the configuration will be made in a few minutes.

Check the images attached for more details.

Regards,

Nelson Chamba

1 Reply

Hi all,

Looks like there is no feedback, can someone tell me if there is any data-recovery tool from MS?