Display Language installation fails with error 0x800f0954 in Windows 2019 server

Copper Contributor

Additional display language installation fails as download having trouble as shown in screenshot below. I googled it, but most of the blogs it was suggested to check windows update. But our servers are up to date as far as windows update is concerned. One of the Microsoft article https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/troubleshoot/windows-server/shell-experience/cannot-configure-langu... suggested to install a hotfix but it was from 2019. I don't think this would resolve our issue. We have 5 windows 2019 servers where we have same issue with Language pack installation.

Will the language options work even though download fails. Because when i switch the language in office applications it switches the language to Germany. Still not sure whether language function will work fully. Can someone help me to fix this issue?

kpr208_0-1649749353490.png

1 Reply

@kpr208 

Hello,

Old post but this info is out there.  Disable WSUS and restart the WSUS Service.

Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate\AU\UseWUServer = 0

net stop wuauserv && net start wuauserv