Disable Task Manager in Domain Controller Server

Copper Contributor

Hi all,

In our organization, our users are logged in through RDP in our terminal servers, since the organization installed an application to monitor their idle time in the application, since its an app, it can be modified using Task Manager they can use taskmngr to end process it, so that they cannot monitor their idle time. 

To avoid that, I want to disable the task manager in all users in the domain except for us admins. I want to apply using GPO but it's not working. source:

shorturl.at/gtwAV - social.technet.microsoft
shorturl.at/gzJOT - forums.tomshardware

I'm using Windows Server 2012 R2 & Windows Server 2008 R2. Is it possible to apply this setting even not using GPO? 

Thanks,

spacegabx

5 Replies
Hi Dave,

the link you provided is I already look that and it includes here with the text link:

"shorturl.at/gtwAV - social.technet.microsoft"

I follow there the instructions, but when I followed it I'm missing this configuration on my GPO. It doesn't exist.

"Configure Computer Configuration-->Policies-->Administrative Templates-->System-->Group Policy-->User Group Policy loopback processing mode-->Enable-->Mode: Merge

3. Filter Domain Admin: GPO-->Delegation tab-->Advanced-->Select Domain Admin Group-->select Deny Apply Group Policy checkbox"

Looks like the name is really Configure User Group Policy Loopback processing mode

Hello Dave,

Thanks for this. I already found the configuration. But after I apply all the settings provided, It doesn't work. I logged in as a user and I can still access the task manager.

Screenshot image: https://imgur.com/a/MYHdp4m
When I check the gpresult, it doesn't apply it said that:

The following GPOs were not applied because they were filtered out

Remove Task Manager
Filtering: Denied (Security)