DFS with Deduplication enabled drives

Copper Contributor
Hi Experts,

I have 2 DFS enabled servers for file share, with 2 way replication enabled. In one server the drive that contains file is already enabled with Deduplication but on the other side its not. So in my first server total size shows less than 2.5 TB but on the other server data size is over 3.5 TB. Both Servers are 2016. My question is if I enable dedupe on the other server, will that make any issues like data corruption or deletion in any servers?

Appreciate your valuable suggestions..

Thanks
2 Replies
DFS Replication
Data Deduplication works with Distributed File System (DFS) Replication. Optimizing or unoptimizing a file will not trigger a replication because the file does not change. DFS Replication uses Remote Differential Compression (RDC), not the chunks in the chunk store, for over-the-wire savings. The files on the replica can also be optimized by using deduplication if the replica is using Data Deduplication.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-server/storage/data-deduplication/interop
Hi, Thank you for your reply. I have enabled Deduplication on the other server and its looks working without any issues..

Thanks again..