Configuraion ADFS shows - Time out has expired and the operation has not been completed

Copper Contributor

Configuraion ADFS shows - Time out has expired and the operation has not been completed

error.jpg

5 Replies

@silver1979 

Hello silver Lu,

I hope you are doing well!

There are many possible reasons for the above error, it might be a permission issue for the user who is running the service, or the same port has been used for other services, endpoint protection, SPN Issue, etc. You will have to check the event log and if you can't figure out the reason, Kindly Provide the event viewer error logs here; hopefully, we will try to figure out this issue.

----------------

Regards,
Austin_M

Are you using the AADConnect wizard to try this or the ADFS configuration wizard?? I've seen something similar when the ADFS server has not been able to reach the Office 365 RPT trust endpoint or the AADConnect box doesn't have access to the internet either.

Also are you providing the ADFS server name or the farm name?
Thanks,It is OK now after I changed a new cer file.

Hello,

I get this error when deploying AD FS on Windows 2008 R2.
I tried to search on google but without success. Does anyone have a solution for me. Thanks in advance.

When I look, here is the exact error:

"An error occurred while upgrading FarmBehaviorLevel 'Max' from Minor Version '0' to Minor Version '4'.
Additional Data
Exception details:
AD FS requires a built-in relying party trust with name Windows Hello - Certificate Provisioning Service and access control policy with identifier PermitEveryone for all features to work correctly, but the access control policy cannot be found. Add an access control policy with identifier PermitEveryone and restart the service to try creating again."

@silver1979

What's the event ID and also, I can I strongly recommend that you deploy ADFS on at least Server 2016?