Color Management is broken (GetICMProfile always returns WCS Default Device Profile)

Brass Contributor

Hi,

It looks that color management logic is changed and many many graphics apps are not compatible with color management logic of Windows 11, Windows Server 2022, Windows Server vNext.

There are quite a few references in internet: 

In short GetICMProfile Win32 API method doesn't return the expected value anymore on mentioned systems. I'm quite surprised to see no comment from Microsoft as the color management is very important aspect of OS Functionality.

It might be that Microsoft is deprecating GetICMProfile in favor of WcsGetDefaultColorProfile, but there are so many apps in the wild that already use old method, so I don't think it a wise decision and so far looks more like an issue that has not been noticed by Microsoft yet.

1 Reply
Still no answer on this? I upgraded to Windows 11 and didn't realize my printing was off until after the 10 days to roll back; all of my sublimation printing was based off of ICC profiles for correct color output (colors change when heat pressed). I'm shocked there isn't a patch for this bug yet. At this point I'm looking at a full reinstall with Windows 10 to get my production rolling again.