SOLVED

Can I enable Public Firewall Settings & what will be its Effect on Windows Server 2019

Copper Contributor

Dear Community,

Can I Enable Public Firewall Settings or not and what will be its effect on Windows Server 2019.

I have below Feautures and Roles installed:

• Hyper-V
  • Active Directory
  • Clustering
  • Hyper-v Replication
  • RDP
  • Kaspersky AntiVirus
  • DNS
  • DHCP
  • AD-SYNC
  • Domain Controllers
  • AD REcycleBin
  • Few more 

Will enabling Public Firewall Settings impact Windows Server any of the Services etc?

6 Replies

Since you have active directory domain services the public firewall profile would not be in effect, assuming health is good the domain firewall profile should be in effect.   

@Seema_Kanwa655 just checking if there's any progress or updates? please don't forget to mark helpful replies?     

So that means I can safely Enable Public Firewall Profile on my Servers without worrying about its impact on the Domain Related Roles/Features and Services etc.
best response confirmed by Seema_Kanwa655 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Yes, if you have the Public profile in use on your domain members then there are bigger fish to fry.   

Get-NetConnectionProfile

@Seema_Kanwa655 just checking if there's any progress or updates? please don't forget to mark helpful replies.      

Sure, you can mark it's as answered. I was actually doing Server Hardening as per Audit Requirement and they recommended to apply controls. Although we have a Separate Firewall in our organization but I still wanted to enable public firewall on Server's end to have more control as per server hardening requirement but I was worried it might start impacting my above-mentioned services but since you mentioned that it won't so I can safely enable.
Thanks.

Thanks.
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Seema_Kanwa655 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Yes, if you have the Public profile in use on your domain members then there are bigger fish to fry.   

Get-NetConnectionProfile

View solution in original post