SOLVED

cache dns server

Iron Contributor

Current dns server default cache is 1 hour , should increase to 4 hour or 8 hour to improve performance dns ?

10 Replies

What is this DNS server being used for? Where are you looking at settings? What problems are you trying to solve?

current client request more domain external as gmail.com should i want dns server as recure cache these domain external to reduce performance high. in dns server current this value MaxKBSize is 0 , should Set-DnsServerCache -MaxKBSize 20480 or higher ?

Hard to say really. I'd start by describing the environment and topology. Then also the problems you're trying to solve.

@Dave Patrick Our system as below , Client -> DNS Server Internal -> DNS Forwarder -> Internet

thanhtien19_0-1662732777435.png

Looks typical where I'd tend to leave things set to default.

how to configure cache for dns server .
best response confirmed by thanhtien19 (Iron Contributor)
Solution

In my experience there's nothing that needs to be configured specific to your DNS server, but then again its a pretty vague question. When I stand up a new domain controller with integrated DNS role I don't do anything specific to DNS settings.

@thanhtien19 

Just checking if there's any progress or updates? Please don't forget to mark helpful replies.

@thanhtien19 

Just checking if there's any progress or updates? Please don't forget to close up the thread by marking helpful replies.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by thanhtien19 (Iron Contributor)
Solution

In my experience there's nothing that needs to be configured specific to your DNS server, but then again its a pretty vague question. When I stand up a new domain controller with integrated DNS role I don't do anything specific to DNS settings.

View solution in original post