1. Open GPMC.MSC from Start-Run
2. Accept the UAC prompt
3. Expand Forest: Domain.local, Domains, Domain.local and select Group Policy Objects. (Replace Domain.local with your domain)
4. Select the Windows SBS Client – Windows XP Policy and then use right click on your mouse and select edit
5. Expand Computer Configuration, Policies, Administrative Templates, Network, Network Connections, Windows Firewall, Domain Profile
6. Find the IP Address of the server: Open a command prompt window (cmd.exe) from the Start menu. In the command prompt window type IPConfig and press return. Make note of the IPv4 address listed.
7. Double click on: Windows Firewall: “Allow inbound file and printer sharing exception”
a. in the text box labeled “Allow unsolicited incoming messages from these IP addresses”, add the IP (IPv4) of the server, so if the IP of the server is 192.168.1.2, it would end up reading: localsubnet,192.168.1.2
b. Click Ok
8. Repeat Steps 6.a and 6.b for the following rules:
Windows Firewall: Allow inbound remote administration exception
Windows Firewall: Allow inbound remote desktop exceptions
You must be a registered user to add a comment. If you've already registered, sign in. Otherwise, register and sign in.