Win10 Windows Defender wrong blocking .exe as trojan

Copper Contributor

Hello,

We created a .exe which is downloaded from a web site and even if it is well signed Windows Defender is blocking it as a virus / trojan. This .exe is just a new version of a software which lives in our web site for several years ago. 

How can i contact MS support to check that it is not a threat and  whitelist it?

Thanks!

6 Replies

@torresc12 

What is the name of the malware?

You may try Submit a file for malware analysis - Microsoft Security Intelligence and make sure select this file is safe and under comment, add details.

Hello @Reza_Ameri-Archived ,

Thanks very much for your answer.

The name of the software is "t2ws.exe".

In fact I already uploaded it to MS Security Intelligence, but their answer was:

"Analyst comments:

The submitted files do not meet our criteria for detection. No detection will be added for these files."

It is detected as a Trojan:MSIL/Masslogger.VN!MTB

But this is a software which is in placed on our web site for years, this is just a new version and our users are ok with it. It is a wrong Trojan detection by MS.

How could I progress on that?

Thanks!

@torresc12 

Try update Windows Defender and run scan again and see whether it is still being detected?

If yes, try contact Microsoft Support.

@Reza_Ameri-Archived Thanks for your reply!

In fact after the update it is the same scenario: Windows defender blocks it as a troyan

What do you mean by Microsoft Support? There are many... it's difficult to contact the right team

@torresc12 

You could contact Microsoft Support using Contact Us - Microsoft Support and share your issue so supper agent could direct you to the right team.