Driver Conflict Disabling Core Isolation Switch

Copper Contributor

Line 6 Helix/HX Stomp Driver Conflict Following 2022-08 Cumulative Update for Windows 11

The latest Windows 11 Pro 64-bit OS update caused a hole in security due to Line 6 driver incompatibility on my hardware DAW, a DELL XPS 8940, 11th Gen Intel, i9-11900K processor (8-Core, 16M Cache, 3.5GHz to 5.3GHz), with 64GB RAM, running Windows 11 Pro 64-bit.

The OS Memory Integrity switch cannot be toggled on due to conflicts with these Line 6 drivers. (Screen caps attached)

• I6Helix_AvsFilter.sys
  • I6HXStomp_AvsFilter.sys (for some reason has 2 instances)
  • I6PodHd2_AvsFilter.sys

I also have a Surface Book 2 with the same problem. I previously used it as a DAW and uninstalled all Line 6 software but it did not successful remove all Line 6 drivers, specifically the I6HXStomp_AvsFilter.sys file. I have parsed through Microsoft documents for deleting unruly drivers but the system still thinks the driver is installed.

line6_00.pngline6_01.pngline6_02.png

4 Replies
Of course, there is my private opinion, but whether the driver provider is a trusted developer - this is decisive, I think this is a common case.
Line 6 is one of the largest brand families of Yamaha Music with the Helix and HX Stomp multi-effects and IR modelling platform owned by 10s of thousands of professional artists worldwide. If you were trying to be helpful it would have taken only seconds to find that out instead of a comment stating the obvious. If it was a common experience then there would already be large numbers of other musicians on the Line 7 forum reporting the same issue. The Windows 11 Cumulative Update only dropped a few days ago and my post is the first one here and at the Line 6 support forum.

Since most of my computers have long disabled system core isolation, and at the same time computers are secured and protected, I will add a link to the -> if it does not detect threats, I think that you can ignore this problem.

Microsoft Safety Scanner Download | Microsoft Docs

Submit a file for malware analysis - Microsoft Security Intelligence

I have a Surface Pro 8 and I can't turn OFF the core integrity setting despite being administrator, so I can't use my Helix equipment. Pretty upset. I guess Line 6 is going to have to update their drivers?