Unable to connect EXO PS module

Copper Contributor

I have a cloud account with which I am unable to connect to EXO PS module. Connecting to MSOL and S&C module works just fine. 

-Tried the account both as MFA enabled and MFA disabled

-Azure Sign in shows that I am authenticated 

-Tried both as GA and Exchange Admin

-Tried on PS ISE and PS on Windows 10

-Tried with V1 and V2 module 

-Tried on MFA Enabled PS

-Other account with MFA enabled works just fine (GA)

-There are no logs generated. 

New-ExoPSSession : Connecting to remote server outlook.office365.com failed with the following error message :  For
more information, see the about_Remote_Troubleshooting Help topic.
At C:\Users\****\Documents\WindowsPowerShell\Modules\ExchangeOnlineManagement\0.4578.0\ExchangeOnlineManagement.psm
1:426 char:30
+ ... PSSession = New-ExoPSSession -ExchangeEnvironmentName $ExchangeEnviro ...
+                 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    + CategoryInfo          : ResourceUnavailable: (:) [New-ExoPSSession], PSRemotingTransportException
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : System.Management.Automation.Remoting.PSRemotingDataStructureException,Microsoft.Exchang
   e.Management.ExoPowershellSnapin.NewExoPSSession

5 Replies

@TechAB 

Have you downloaded the Exchange PowerShell module from the Exchange Admin Center under Hybrid?

Screenshot 2020-06-02 at 18.43.59.png

Yes - that has been done too.

@TechAB 

Thought it would have been but just wanted to check. So is it just this one account that is failing to connect to EOL PS?

@PeterRising 

So I have a GA (Synced) which is MFA enabled that has been working fine for years and it continue to work fine. But the new cloud only account that I created in last few days fail to work on EXO Module but works on MSOL and S&C Module. 

@TechAB 

That is odd.  If it is GA and also Exchange Admin as you said, it should have no problem.  Have you tried creating another cloud only GA account to see if the same thing happens?