Unable to access Exchange powershell

Copper Contributor

Following error appear when connecting Exchange powershell. Everything worked fine, but stopped to work.

I am able to login to GUI and all roles looks ok to me. I amGlobal Admin and Exchange Admin.

Getting following error: New-ExoPSSession : Processing data from remote server outlook.office365.com failed with the following error message: [AuthZRequestId=d4386dd7-a2d2-41cb-81ed-cbdcc5c6ab4d][FailureCategory=AuthZ-CmdletAccessDeniedException] The user "EURPR05A005.PROD.OUTLOOK.COM/Microso ft Exchange Hosted Organizations/postennorge.onmicrosoft.com/GAdmin-Gomsrud" isn't assigned to any management roles. For more information, see the about_Remote_Troubleshooting Help topic. At C:\Program Files\WindowsPowerShell\Modules\ExchangeOnlineManagement\2.0.3\ExchangeOnlineManagement.psm1:426 char:30 + ... PSSession = New-ExoPSSession -ExchangeEnvironmentName $ExchangeEnviro ... + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ + CategoryInfo : ResourceUnavailable: (:) [New-ExoPSSession], PSRemotingTransportException + FullyQualifiedErrorId : System.Management.Automation.Remoting.PSRemotingDataStructureException,Microsoft.Exchange.Management.ExoPowershellSnapin.NewExoPSSession

6 Replies
What version of EXO PS (V2?) are you using? How are you connecting?
• Please help me with the version of exchange Power Shell you are using?

version 5.1.19041.1151
o Import-Module ExchangeOnlineManagement
o Connect-ExchangeOnline
Well, actually was asking for the version of Exchange Management Shell, but I see on the information you share that is 2.0.3, I recommend updating to the latest (2.5.0) however I do not think that is the issue.

I read reports talking about the same issue lately for other users, I'll try to find out more
Some people told me this only happens when specifying the -UserPrincipalName parameter, can you try without it?

Connect-ExchangeOnline

and let the login window pop up

@Andres Gorzelany , I'm also having this issue, and issuing the Connect-ExchangeOnline command didn't work for me.  I'm still getting the error.

Version and how are you connecting?