setup of ews managed api

Copper Contributor

I have a PowerShell script which process the received emails in outlook and generates summary of data in the form of a csv file. The email processing is based on Domain-based Message Authentication Reporting & Conformance (DMARC), an email security protocol. The pre – requisties for running the script is Powershell, outlook client, setting up of files.

The command to run script is as follows:

C:/#filepath \#Script_Name.ps1 -ID "#user_email" -password "#password" -geolookupenabled

Whenever I try to run the script following error gets displayed:

The EWS managed API module could not be found in registry, make sure it is installed correctly - Tested path HKlM:\SOFTWARE\M1icrosoft\Exchange\Web

Services

At C:\Users\AdityaKawale\Documents\V2.3\Create-DMARCreport.ps1:1209 char:5

+ throw "The EWS managed API module could not be found in registry, ...

+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

+ CategoryInfo : OperationStopped: (The EWS managed...ge\Web Services:String) [], RuntimeException

+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : The EWS managed API module could not be found in registry, make sure it is installed correctly - Tested path HKlM:\SOFTWARE\

M1icrosoft\Exchange\Web Services

To solve the error I did lookup for the EWS managed Api documentation link: Get started with EWS Managed API client applications | Microsoft Docs, but could not find anything relevant to my problem. My request is to help me installing and configuring the said required Apis and other relevant applications.

2 Replies
The easiest way to install it is via PowerShell: https://eightwone.com/2020/10/05/ews-webservices-managed-api/
Thanks for replying back, but unfortunately this solution did not work. Even after installation of api, after running the script i am getting the same error.