SOLVED

Powershell Scripts

Brass Contributor
Hello,

i have a little question using/creating scripts in Powershell.

In my Company we use RegEdit.exe a lot, so we want to automate some things, that's where the Problem starts...

We want to disable the OneDrive shortcut in the MS-Explorer - I know that the path to do that manually is "HKEY_USERS\[SID]_Classes\CLSID\{018D5C66-4533-4307-9B53-224DE2ED1FE6}
I know how to get the SID via the cmdlet
"System.Security.Principal.NTAccount($env:Username).Translate([System.Security.Principal.SecurityIdentifier]).Value", so my question now:

Is there a way to get the [SID]_Classes via a cmdlet or format the "normal" [SID] using an cmdlet?

Greetings
Yannik
2 Replies
best response confirmed by Schulzi (Brass Contributor)
Solution

@Schulzi 

Hello Schulzi,

I am not aware of a cmdlet, but it’s quit easy to create the string you need by using string formatting. Take a look at this code:

$SID = (New-Object System.Security.Principal.NTAccount($env:Username)).Translate([System.Security.Principal.SecurityIdentifier]).Value
$RegPath = '"HKEY_USERS"{0}_Classes-CLSID-018D5C66-4533-4307-9B53-224DE2ED1FE6"' -f $SID

More info is here:

https://devblogs.microsoft.com/scripting/understanding-powershell-and-basic-string-formatting/

Good luck!

Manfred de Laat

Hello Manfred,

Thanks for the Quick Help, really helped me do my work.

Greetings
Yannik Schulz
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Schulzi (Brass Contributor)
Solution

@Schulzi 

Hello Schulzi,

I am not aware of a cmdlet, but it’s quit easy to create the string you need by using string formatting. Take a look at this code:

$SID = (New-Object System.Security.Principal.NTAccount($env:Username)).Translate([System.Security.Principal.SecurityIdentifier]).Value
$RegPath = '"HKEY_USERS"{0}_Classes-CLSID-018D5C66-4533-4307-9B53-224DE2ED1FE6"' -f $SID

More info is here:

https://devblogs.microsoft.com/scripting/understanding-powershell-and-basic-string-formatting/

Good luck!

Manfred de Laat

View solution in original post