Powershell Command for AD export

Copper Contributor

I have been searching for info, I am not even sure if what I am doing is feasible. All I want to do is export AD all computers. I have the command "Get-ADComputer -Filter "*" | Export-CSV -Path c:\Users\USERNAME\documents\Computers.csv" and this works fine, BUT... I want to be able to add a pull of serial numbers 1) either through the attribute editor in AD or 2) by using Get-WmiObject Win32_BIOS | Select SerialNumber and having it the serial number displayed in the .csv file.

I have tried so many combinations of commands, but nothing works. I even tried to add in the "ForEach" option.

I have used Get-WmiObject Win32_ComputerSystem | Select Manufacturer,Model to get get the info from my own computer, but if I am able to get it exported into the .csv as well - not required, but would be a bonus for my reports.

If I can get a command that combines basic AD computer properties & at least serial number, I would greatly appreciate it. And if the command can also include what to add in the get the make/model of the computer, I would appreciate it more! Thank you for your time and assistance!

4 Replies

@Kerslock 

HI 

Try this code

$allPC=Get-ADComputer -Filter *
$Fullresult=@()
Foreach ($singlePC in $allPC){
$Result=[PSCustomObject]@{
Name=$singlePC.Name
Enabled=$singlePC.Enabled
BIOS=(Get-WmiObject Win32_BIOS -ComputerName $singlePC.name).SerialNumber 

}
$Fullresult+=$Result
}
$Fullresult | export-csv -path C:\Myresult.csv

@farismalaeb 

My network is blocking it - UnauthorizedAccessException

@Kerslock 

Use this

$allPC=Get-ADComputer -Filter *
$Fullresult=@()
$UserNamePassword=Get-Credential
Foreach ($singlePC in $allPC){
$Result=[PSCustomObject]@{
Name=$singlePC.Name
Enabled=$singlePC.Enabled
BIOS=(Get-WmiObject Win32_BIOS -ComputerName $singlePC.name -Credential $UserNamePassword -Authentication Default ).SerialNumber 

}
$Fullresult+=$Result
}
$Fullresult | export-csv -path C:\Myresult.csv

In line 8, you can replace the authentication with anything that fits your env.

The script asks for a username and password on line 3, just make sure to type it correct.

@Kerslock 

Any update on this one

If the answer helped you, please mark it as Best Response.

Thanks