Posting Powershell scripts

Copper Contributor

Hello Community,

I am a Powershell developer and i want to power my own created scripts so that people who need can refer them. But i am new over here, so can someone tell me how do we upload them to Microsoft or technet gallery.

Thanks in Advance.

2 Replies

Hi @Ravindrakashid 

I'd recommend uploading your scripts to a Github repository to share.

Technet Gallery is winding down now, and new submissions are not being accepted. Microsoft recommend using Github going forward as a replacement.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-gb/teamblog/technet-gallery-retirement

Hope this helps

Mark

Hi Ravindrakashid,

I am looking to work with someone to learn Powershell and I have some task that I want to automate using Powershell. Would you be interested? Here is what I want to do/

1. Uninstall Citrix Files

2. Uninstall Google Chrome

3. Uninstall Firefox

4. Set Edge as Default browser

5. Remove Cortana Search

6. Remove MS Store (But do not disable)

7. Add Productivity to the XML file for StartMenu

8. Install Windows Defender Endpoint

9.  Modify the registry settings using Powershell (This works)

Set-ItemProperty -Path HKCU:\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Search -Name SearchBoxTaskbarMode -Value 0 -Type DWord -Force
Set-ItemProperty -Path HKCU:\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced -Name HideFileExt -Value 0 -Type DWord -Force
Set-ItemProperty -Path HKCU:\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced -Name LaunchTo -Value 1 -Type DWord -Force

10.  Group Policy Settings (Local GPO) I want to then move it Domain GPO

☐ Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Component\Turn off the Store application - Enabled 

☐ Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Component\News and Interests\Enable news and interests on the taskbar policy - Disabled 

☐ User Configuration>Administrative Templates>Start Menu and Taskbar\Remove Search Link from Start Menu - Enabled 

☐ User Configuration>Administrative Templates>Start Menu and Taskbar\Remove Search Computer Link – Enabled 

☐ User Configuration>Administrative Templates>Start Menu and Taskbar\Show Store in Taskbar - Disabled 

☐  User Configuration>Administrative Templates>Start Menu and Taskbar\Remove Search Computer Link - Enabled

File Explorer (manual from File Explorer) 

☐ Open to This PC (not Quick Access) 

☐ Enable File Extension 

☐ Search Bar is Removed 

Start Menu Layout XML file  

☐ Copy the customized Start Menu XML file to C:\Scripts folder 

☐ Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Start Menu and Taskbar > Start Layout - Enabled 

☐ Point the Start Layout File location to C:\Scripts\StartMenuLayout.xml file 

I am willing to work with someone to script it and learn in how to do this. Is anyone interested please reply to me and would like to work with someone who is experienced. Faster way to learn.

Thank you

John