Impossible to use a capture as index?

Copper Contributor

I want to add a version to an Include in a csproj-file. (The variable $example contains only an Include-statement from a csproj-file)

I have a hashtable, with the name as a key, and an array of strings containing the version and the path.

So far, it seems that the capture, $1, is nulled, as soon as I try to use it to index the hashtable, $example_data. 

It can be indexed with a variable, $example_var, containing exactly the same string as $1.

$1 can be found even inside the variable exapansion $(), but *not* in the indexing of the expanded hashtable.

Is it impossible, or am I doing things wrong here?

$example_data = @{Example = @("1.2.3", "bin")}
$example = '<None Include="Example" />'
$example_var = "Example"

# This works
$versioned_example = $example -replace 'Include="(.*)"', "Include=`"`$1`"-Version$($example_data.Get_Item("Example")[0])"
Write-Host $versioned_example

# This works
$versioned_example = $example -replace 'Include="(.*)"', "Include=`"`$1`"-Version$($example_data.Get_Item($example_var)[0])"

# This kind of works - at least we see that {$1} is actually "Example"
$versioned_example = $example -replace 'Include="(.*)"', "Include=`"`$1`"-Version$(({$1}))"

# But this does not work - why?
$versioned_example = $example -replace 'Include="(.*)"', "Include=`"`$1`"-Version$($example_data.Get_Item({$1})[0])"

# But this does not work - why?
$versioned_example = $example -replace 'Include="(.*)"', "Include=`"`$1`"-Version$($example_data.Get_Item("{$1}")[0])"

0 Replies