How to get the date of, when a member was added to a security azure active directory group ?

Copper Contributor

Hi  everybody,

How to get the date of when a member was added to a security azure active directory group with PowerShell ?

I didn't find any date in the list of properties  I could filter such this example below , a filter based on when the user was aded to a group? :

Get-AzureADUser -All $true -Filter "xxxxxxx '20212014'" | select ObjectId | Out-File -FilePath C:\listusers20210211.txt

or with the "Get-AzureADGroupMember" cmdlet

I think it could be a question of audit or PIM but there is a question of AAD P2 licence.

This is typically information you can get in the compliance centre I would to extract the information with powershell to create a list of users based on date which is when a user was added to a security group.

Thank you to the community

3 Replies

@John_Bloggs_Patrick_M400 

From my understanding, this information is not available via user properties, more than you will need to check the audit information and the logging. 

@farismalaeb 

Hello,

Thank you for your answer/opinion. 

I agree with you, this is a audit-related question.

I couldn't find any information about date (creation etc...) to filter in user or group .