Free manual process for convering ost file into pst

Copper Contributor

Last day when I was going to open Outlook, I could not open it. Somebody told me to convert ost file to pst but i don't know how i get it done.
please help me...

7 Replies

Manual Process of OST to PST

• Activate Microsoft Outlook.
  • Click on the "File" tab and choose "Import and Export."
  • Select "Export to a file" in the Import and Export Wizard and then click "Next."
  • Choose "Outlook Data File (.pst)" and then click "Next."
  • Select the mailbox or folder you wish to export (often the top-level folder), check the box for
  • "Include subfolders," and then click "Next."
  • Give the PST file a name and browse to the location where you wish to save it. To begin the export procedure, click "Finish".
  • The length of time it takes to export your OST file will depend on its size.
  • You will get a PST file with the information from your OST file after the export procedure is finished.

If you have technical knowledge then you can use the manual method again and again but the non-technical can't operate easily to convert OST files to PST file format. The OST file then moves into the orphaned stage and becomes unavailable in this scenario. However, with the aid of the TrustVare OST to PST Converter Application, you can convert such an OST file to PST or export the OST file directly to a new or current active Exchange mailbox to Outlook. You can use the program to recover lost or deleted mail items.

Along with being old, this thread has no relevance to PowerShell.

The question would have been better-asked over here:

Cheers,

Lain

I have an article for you where I shared the manual process to convert OST file into PST format using PowerShell Command. This process is completely safe in OST file conversion. Please follow the link and convert your OST files into PST format.
Follow the link: How to Convert OST to PST Free Using PowerShell Commands 

You can use the following method to manually convert an OST file into a PST file:

• Open Microsoft Outlook on your system.
  • To store the transformed data, create a new Outlook Data File (PST). Navigate to File > New > Outlook Data File to do this.
  • Click "OK" after selecting "Office Outlook Personal Folders File (.pst)".
  • Give the new PST file a name and location in the "Create or Open Outlook Data File" window, then click "OK". This will produce a PST file that is empty.
  • Go to the File tab in Outlook and select "Import and Export".
  • Select "Export to a file" in the "Import and Export Wizard" box and then click "Next".
  • Click "Next" and choose "Outlook Data File (.pst)".
  • Choose the folders or mailbox that you wish to export. Make sure the box next to "Include sub folders" is checked if you wish to add sub folders. "Next" should be clicked.
  • Browse to the location where you created the new PST file in step 4, select it, and choose the desired options for handling duplicates. Click "Finish".
  • You may be prompted to set a password for the PST file. If you want to protect the file with a password, enter it; otherwise, leave it blank and click "OK".
  • Outlook will start exporting the selected mailbox or folders to the PST file. This process may take some time depending on the size of the OST file.
  • Once the export is complete, you will have a PST file containing the data from the OST file.

Note: That this method requires you to have access to an Outlook profile connected to the Exchange Server. If you don't have access to such a profile or if the OST file is corrupt, you may need to consider using specialized Mailvita OST to PST Converter Software for recovery and conversion purposes. This application supports Mac OS versions such as High Sierra, Mojave, Catalina, Big Sur, Monterey, Ventura, and Windows OS (including Windows 11, 10, 8.1, 8, 7, XP, and Vista). It also supports all MS Outlook versions such as 2021, 2019, 2013, 2010, 2007, and 2003. The free Demo Version is available on our official websites you can use it 100% free.

@tomwiliam2 wrote:

Manual Process of OST to PST

• Activate Microsoft Outlook.
  • Click on the "File" tab and choose "Import and Export."
  • Select "Export to a file" in the Import and Export Wizard and then click "Next."
  • Choose "Outlook Data File (.pst)" and then click "Next."
  • Select the mailbox or folder you wish to export (often the top-level folder), check the box for
  • "Include subfolders," and then click "Next."
  • Give the PST file a name and browse to the location where you wish to save it. To begin the export procedure, click "Finish".
  • The length of time it takes to export your OST file will depend on its size.
  • You will get a PST file with the information from your OST file after the export procedure is finished.

If you have technical knowledge then you can use the manual method again and again but the non-technical can't operate easily to convert OST files to PST file format. The OST file then moves into the orphaned stage and becomes unavailable in this scenario. However, with the aid of the TrustVare OST to PST Converter ApplicationUnblocked Games 66 you can convert such an OST file to PST or export the OST file directly to a new or current active Exchange mailbox to Outlook. You can use the program to recover lost or deleted mail items.

Certainly! Here's a step-by-step manual process to convert an OST (Offline Storage Table) file into a PST (Personal Storage Table) file:

Open Microsoft Outlook on your computer.
Click on the "File" tab in the upper-left corner of the Outlook window.
Select "Open & Export" from the menu on the left-hand side.
Choose "Import/Export" from the options.
In the Import and Export Wizard, select "Export to a file" and click "Next."

Select "Outlook Data File (.pst)" and click "Next."
Now, choose the OST file you want to convert into a PST. Ensure that "Include subfolders" is checked if you want to include all folders.
Select the destination where you want to save the converted PST file and provide a name.

Click "Finish" to start the conversion process. The time required for conversion depends on the size of the OST file.
Once the conversion is complete, you will have a PST file containing all your data from the OST file.

Please note that this manual process may not work if your OST file is corrupt or inaccessible. In such cases, it's recommended to use specialized OST to PST conversion software or seek professional help.

@tomwiliam2 

@mohitkeshari 

You can try the third-party tool, Cigati OST to PST Converter, to convert your Offline OST file into PST format with no data loss.

@Rohits12081320 

You made some very good points here. Wonderful… I think you’ve brought up some really good points. Keep doing what you’re doing.
Büyükçekmece Konut Projeleri