Facing issue in installing the Pnp PowerShell Module for SharePoint 2013/Online

Brass Contributor

Hi All,

I am facing issue in installing the PnP PowerShell module for SharePoint 2013/online. Please let me know if anyone has faced such issue @Chendrayan Venkatesan .

Error Description:

PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> Install-Module SharePointPnPPowerShell2013
PackageManagement\Install-Package : No match was found for the specified search criteria and module name 'SharePointPnPPowerShell2013'. Try Get-PSRepository to see all
available registered module repositories.
At C:\Program Files\WindowsPowerShell\Modules\PowerShellGet\1.0.0.1\PSModule.psm1:1809 char:21
+ ... $null = PackageManagement\Install-Package @PSBoundParameters
+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
+ CategoryInfo : ObjectNotFound: (Microsoft.Power....InstallPackage:InstallPackage) [Install-Package], Exception
+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : NoMatchFoundForCriteria,Microsoft.PowerShell.PackageManagement.Cmdlets.InstallPackage

PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> Install-Module SharePointPnPPowerShellOnline
PackageManagement\Install-Package : No match was found for the specified search criteria and module name 'SharePointPnPPowerShellOnline'. Try Get-PSRepository to see
all available registered module repositories.
At C:\Program Files\WindowsPowerShell\Modules\PowerShellGet\1.0.0.1\PSModule.psm1:1809 char:21
+ ... $null = PackageManagement\Install-Package @PSBoundParameters
+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
+ CategoryInfo : ObjectNotFound: (Microsoft.Power....InstallPackage:InstallPackage) [Install-Package], Exception
+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : NoMatchFoundForCriteria,Microsoft.PowerShell.PackageManagement.Cmdlets.InstallPackage

PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> $PSVersionTable.PSVersion

Major Minor Build Revision
----- ----- ----- --------
5 1 17134 407

Thanks,

Prabhu

5 Replies

@Prabhu Nehru  Did you manage to solve this. I had similar issue as I was behind coporate proxy which needs credentials for authentication. I set proxy credentials as below:

$Wcl = new-object System.Net.WebClient $Wcl.Headers.Add(“user-agent”, “PowerShell Script”) $Wcl.Proxy.Credentials = [System.Net.CredentialCache]::DefaultNetworkCredentials
Yup that works. Also we can try installing the modules by downloading the .msi files from the github which is pretty cool.

https://github.com/SharePoint/PnP-PowerShell/releases/tag/3.9.1905.3
Upgrade PowerShell version to 7^. and run the command
Install-Module -Name PnP.PowerShell
This has not worked for me do whatever. I keep getting error that the download failed.
another error: PackageManagement\Install-Package : No match was found for the specified search criteria and module name
'SharePointPnPPowerShell2013'. Try Get-PSRepository to see all available registered module repositories.
At C:\Program Files\WindowsPowerShell\Modules\PowerShellGet\2.0.3\PSModule.psm1:9550 char:21

@Prabhu Nehru I dont resolve this issue can you give proper solution