Enable PowerApps license but not Power Automate using PowerShell for E3

Copper Contributor

Hi All, 

Currenlty, our organization has disabled all PowerApps and Power Automate license for all users and recently we have decided to enable PowerApps license for all users but without enabling Power Automate. Is there any way to enable PowerApps license for all users but without enabling Power Automate license using PowerShell scripting?

Note: I have already tried using below PowerShell script 

$x = New-MsolLicenseOptions -AccountSkuId "yourdomain:ENTERPRISEPACK" -DisabledPlans "FLOW_O365_P2";
#All Users
Get-MsolUser | Where-Object {$_.isLicensed -eq $True} | Set-MsolUserLicense -LicenseOptions $x;

Above script disables Power Automate Flow and enables PowerApps license for all users but it resets all other licenses (such as Teams, Forms, etc.) to be enabled. I don't want to reset my previous license allocations as our organization has customized licensing enabled for users.

Is there any way I can enable the PowerApps license alone without disturbing other license allocations?

1 Reply
Last time I played with it, disabling the Flow service plan didn't actually stop users from accessing Power Automate, so have that in mind.
With respect to "switching" the license, here's how to do in bulk: https://www.michev.info/Blog/Post/2385/bulk-enable-specific-services-via-the-azure-ad-powershell-mod...