cmdlet New-MigrationBatch parameter -ContentFilter cannot be found??

Copper Contributor

We are in the early testing of moving our mail, calendar and contacts from Google Workspace to Microsoft O365.  

In one of our potential migration scenarios we are looking at idea of migrating just 30 days worth of email from Google to O365 to speed up the migration and then move the remaining mail once we are fully up and running on O365.  Is this possible to achieve?  I was looking at the cmdlet New-MigrationBatch  and in Example 10 it looks like it is doing something very similar to what we would like to do.

I modified the code slightly for our case and when I try to execute it I get an error message of 

A parameter cannot be found that matches parameter name 'ContentFilter'.

+ CategoryInfo          : InvalidArgument: (:) [New-MigrationBatch], ParameterBindingException

+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : NamedParameterNotFound,New-MigrationBatch

+ PSComputerName        : outlook.office365.com

Looking back at the doc for New-MigrationBatch it says -ContentFilter is available only in the cloud-based service.  Can anyone tell me what that means exactly?

2 Replies
It seems that it's sort of a preview/limited rollout: https://github.com/MicrosoftDocs/office-docs-powershell/issues/6647
I dont have the parameter either, for the record.
Hi Vasail. Thank you for your reply and link. I see the comment that says "The feature is being rolled out. Currently a limited scope in PROD can see the new parameters."

Is there any other place that will show me either the limited scope and ask to be included? What about a time line if when it might be released to the general public?