Copper Contributor

Import-module ActiveDirectory
$EUserType= Import-CSV "C:\Scripts\EmployeeType21.csv" | % {
$User = $_. Name
$Type = $_.EmployeeType
Set-ADUser $User -Employee-Type $Type
}
When I run it, I get the Following error:

Set-ADUser : A parameter cannot be found that matches parameter name 'Employee-Type'.

At line:4 char:18

+ Set-ADUser $User -Employee-Type $Type

+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

+ CategoryInfo : InvalidArgument: (:) [Set-ADUser], ParameterBindingException

+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : NamedParameterNotFound,Microsoft.ActiveDirectory.Management.Commands.SetADUser

Please i need help to fix this, please share the specific parameters are need to modify

5 Replies
Check your input csv has header referred to EmployeeType

@12026334

The error message points out that there is no parameter named "Employee-Type".  Looking at the available parameters for Set-ADUser shows there is also nothing for "employeeType".  This means you'll have to use the -Replace to process your updates. 

Check if the below code works in your environment, and don't forget to remove "-WhatIf" before running in production.  Please note that I removed the $EUserType variable as it wasn't necessary in the script you presented; Import-CSV is piped directly to ForEach-Object. 

Import-Module ActiveDirectory
Import-Csv "C:\Scripts\EmployeeType21.csv" | 
    ForEach-Object {
        $User = $_. Name
        $Type = $_.EmployeeType
        Set-ADUser $User -Replace @{EmployeeType = $Type } -WhatIf
    }
@Joe Hahn, thank you so much, it worked.

@12026334

How can i manage my users from deleting files from onedrive and sharepoint without making the users know that they are monitored and cannot delete files permanently 

@Joe Hahn, How can i manage my users from deleting files from onedrive and sharepoint without making the users know that they are monitored and cannot delete files permanently