Any updates on the Xbox Game Core?

MVP

The technology in Windows kernel or core, called Game Core. which lets PC users install the Same Xbox games on their Windows 10 systems.

Microsoft tested this with the game State of Decay 1. but that's just it, no news for months.

the Kernel of Windows 10 has seen lots of changes such as the Linux kernel being added to it and now the compatibility with Xbox kernel.

I wish i could find a Microsoft docs about this feature but only 3rd party websites post about this, not sure why!

the news articles covering it:

https://www.kitguru.net/gaming/operating-systems/matthew-wilson/microsoft-appears-to-be-bringing-xbo...

https://www.thurrott.com/games/200140/microsofts-evolving-gaming-strategy-takes-a-giant-step-forward

4 Replies
no I'm not talking about the new Xbox. it's only on PC and Windows 10

Hi @HotCakeX

It might not be correct to assume that an Xbox announcement means console hardware. MSFT is blurring the lines between Xbox console hardware and PC/Windows 10. Xbox runs OneCore. Windows 10 will have GameCore. Xbox hardware now supports keyboard and mouse. Game pass has both a PC and console component. The ultimate version of game pass includes both PC and console. The lines are blurred. The only thing that prevents the lines from being completely blown away is allowing one purchase and then play on both console and PC. There was the Play Anywhere initiative, but that wasn't very successful (there are only 73 titles in the 3 years since the program launched). 

But when it is possible for a developer to check a Xbox when doing an Xbox compile and allow a title being uploaded to the Xbox store to also run on a Windows 10 PC, essentially every title becomes a Play Anywhere title, unless the developer expressly decides against it.

Anyway, we'll know more on Nov 14. At the very least we should see the xCloud beta released.

I hope so, meanwhile sony is arrogant and hates cross platforms and cooperation with other companies. they turn down cross platform compatibility offers from game developers. their Only winning card is some exclusive games they make and they are all too similar.
Xbox and PC is the future.