your phone weird behavior

Brass Contributor
I found out that your phone app freezes and crashing its sometimes useless app after few builds of windows 10 insider gets worked sometimes not and gets worse not functioning its need to fix to let it work its unstable at the moment
8 Replies

Hello @snakehunter1765,

Try re-registering Your Phone app. Perform these steps: 

1. Search for Windows PowerShell using Cortana or Windows Search. 

2. From results, right click on Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator. 

3. Then type following command and press Enter key: 

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers -Name Microsoft.YourPhone | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml” -Verbose}

Let the command complete. 

4. Close Windows PowerShell and see if the issue is resolved now. 

If issue still persists, you can report it via Feedback hub app.

Hope this helps!

@Kapil Arya i followed your instructions powershell gives me Add-AppxPackage : A positional parameter cannot be found that accepts argument '\AppXManifest.xml'. not good error to me

@snakehunter1765, I've updated my reply with code block. Can you retry the command. Copy and paste it directly to Windows PowerShell and it should work.

Regards.

The code block still contains the "beautified" quotes ;). How I hate that specific automatic beautification in every place.

@Kapil Arya tried and still errors wont proccess sorry

Hi,
try repairing the app from Windows settings => apps => search for Your phone

also report the crashes about Your Phone app in feedback hub
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/send-feedback-to-microsoft-with-the-feedback-hub-app-f59...

@HotCakeX i reported that to feedback hub

Thank you!