Your diagnostic and usage data requires attention to get Insider builds

Copper Contributor

Build 17101.rs4_release.180211-1040

Hadn't been getting builds for a while. Checked Insider settings had this message. Fix me button, but it appears disabled.

Not sure what attention is required or how to perform manually.

26 Replies
Muchas gracias. Siguiendo tus instrucciones se corrigió el problema.
Sir, this post was what I needed. Kudos for the research on this problem.

Nothing to change. All it is as you said. No problems with the accounts, diagnostic data is at "full" bue can't change because it is "grayed"

This reply assumes that you are taking part on the "Windows Insider Program"

Good day @geophil3. Try the registry edits  that @Brian A posted at this comment below.

This solution does not "fix" the grayed-out Diagnostic Data option, since it is locked to "Full" if you are an insider, but it does fix the  "Your diagnostic and usage data requires attention to get Insider builds" in the Windows Insider Program tab of Settings.  From there you can customize your ring, or even stop the insider preview builds all together to get back the ability to change your diagnostic level.

Dear Brian Thanks a lot. Your solution is great. It fixed the problem. I'm already installing the latest build of Windows 10.

Dear @Brian A, thanks a lot for sharing, you undoubtedly saved the day(s) of many noob Windows 10 users out there lost in the abyssal and mostly cryptic Windows settings!

Thank you, it works great for windows build 17744.rs5 !