SOLVED

Won't let me update to Windows 11

Copper Contributor

I followed the instruction for the update to Windows 11 from Windows 10

1. Used PC Health Check to check if it was compatable
  2. Fixed all the issues that came up i.e. enabling TPM 2.0
  3. Health Check says it is now compatable for Windows 11

But when I go to install it through the Windows Update section in Settings it says "PC currently doesn't meet the system requirements for Windows 11" 

But PC Health Check says otherwise, and to my knowledge it does meet all the correct requirements

How can I fix this problem and update to Windows 11?

11 Replies
best response confirmed by LukeBuchan (Copper Contributor)
Solution
Hello
I think you have to wait, certainly not all computers in the world that - meet the requirements for Windows11 will receive the update now!
A staged installation allows you to check the new version on selected computers.
Best regards

@LukeBuchan  hi, im facing the same issue now, did you got the update after waiting for some time???

Yes after a day it fixed itself in settings, it is saying I have to wait for it to be released in my country (Scotland) but as far as I can see it has sorted itself out.
ok thank you so much
Similar if not exact same thing happened to me. My computer couldnt upgrade to windows 11 because of the TMP 2.0 not being enabled. Enabled it in BiOS after several restarts and updates in windows 10 the windows setting could not see that is was compatible even though it was compatible from the health check standpoint. Downloaded it instead using this link:
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows11?wa=wsignin1.0
Helped me install it on my computer pretty easily hope it helps someone else.

@Buya 

Hi.

You've probably downloaded a media creation tool – creating a USB flash drive – to install Windows11.

This thread was about the first days when Windows11 was made available to not all computers at the same time.

thank you for sharing your solution.

Best regards

@A1 

Hi 

Thanks for clearing that up, didnt check out the dates so I completely missed that. 

Have a good day.

No! Buya you saved me from despair. I activated TPM 2.0, and PC Health Check said it is good to install. But Windows Update still refused to let me update!!! going to the link you provided let me skip the Windows Update glitch. it is downloading 11 right now and going perfectly! no flash drive required.
Microsoft fix the non windows supported stuff so that all windows 10 laptops and pcs can upgrade to windows 11 without any issue and most people can't afford to buy a new laptop or pc so we can get windows 11 without go through a back door of sorts I've updated my laptop and it's a 64 bit and yes it probably fits all the stuff needed for it but unfortunately u say it can't update to windows 11

@LukeBuchan 

It sounds like you've encountered a common discrepancy between the PC Health Check's assessment and the Windows Update system's evaluation of your PC's compatibility with Windows 11. This issue can sometimes occur due to specific requirements not being recognized by Windows Update.

One approach to resolve this issue and proceed with the Windows 11 installation is to use a third-party tool called WinBootMate. WinBootMate is designed to assist users in bypassing the system requirements check for Windows 11 installations. It works by creating a modified installation media that omits the usual compatibility checks, allowing Windows 11 to be installed on PCs that have been deemed compatible by the PC Health Check but are still blocked by Windows Update.

winbootmate_patch_windows_11_iso.jpg

Here's a general outline of how you can use WinBootMate to update to Windows 11:

1. Download WinBootMate (https://www.syscute.com/): First, ensure you're downloading the tool from a reliable source to avoid any security risks.
  2. Create a Windows 11 Installation Media: If you haven't already, download the Windows 11 ISO from the official Microsoft website and create a bootable USB drive.
  3. Use WinBootMate: Launch WinBootMate and follow the instructions to modify your Windows 11 installation media. The tool will apply the necessary changes to bypass the system requirements check during the installation process.
  4. Install Windows 11: With the modified installation media ready, proceed to install Windows 11 by booting from the USB drive. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation.

@Delaney_Justin 

Of course, I don't recommend your idea!

The best and safest way to download the Windows 11 Installation Assistant from the official Microsoft website, 23H2, is a proven way:

Download Windows 11 (microsoft.com)

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by LukeBuchan (Copper Contributor)
Solution
Hello
I think you have to wait, certainly not all computers in the world that - meet the requirements for Windows11 will receive the update now!
A staged installation allows you to check the new version on selected computers.
Best regards

View solution in original post