Windows Store

Copper Contributor

Hi i have been having a problem since joiing the isider program with the windows store it needs updating but it wont open to update and all my other apps need updatig to does anyone know how to force it to open update from an external source as i cannot opne the store or my other apps to update them and also how do i re install my normal windows ive tried a reset but it just re installs the isider program

3 Replies

Hello, welcome to the Windows insider community!

the only way to go back to the normal/stable version of Windows 10 is through a clean reinstall.
you need to grab the Windows 10 ISO file, make a bootable USB flash drive and reinstall your Windows 10.
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

you can download the media creation tool from there and it will automatically let you choose whether to download the ISO file or make a bootable flash drive for you.

also here are troubleshooting methods for Windows store:

Go to Windows settings => Apps => search for Microsoft store => Advanced options => Reset

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/account-billing/microsoft-store-doesn-t-launch-126a875d-8b72-def...

Run this in an elevated Powershell (Run Powershell as administrator). 

Get-AppXPackage *WindowsStore* -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"} 

it will try to register Windows store app again.

Hello @cja191201,

I suggest you to create new user account and check if Stores works on that.

Else, you can re-register Store app:

1. Search for Windows PowerShell using Cortana or Windows Search. 

2. From results, right click on Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator. 

3. Then type following command and press Enter key: 

Get-AppXPackage *WindowsStore* -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"} 

Let the command complete. 

4. Close Windows PowerShell. 

To install stable version of Windows 10, you need to make clean install

Hope this helps!

@Kapil Arya 

Spoiler

@Kapil Arya wrote:

Hello @cja191201,

I suggest you to create new user account and check if Stores works on that.

Else, you can re-register Store app:

1. Search for Windows PowerShell using Cortana or Windows Search. 

2. From results, right click on Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator. 

3. Then type following command and press Enter key: 

Let the command complete. 

4. Close Windows PowerShell. 

To install stable version of Windows 10, you need to make clean install

Hope this helps!

I don't see why you need to post duplicate content, everything in your comment is already written up there.

also "Cortana" no longer is used for search, it's a separate app.