Windows Spotlight on Windows 11 has a bug with its windows, two lines show beside them

Copper Contributor

sp.jpgVersion: Windows 11 22H2

Screen Resolution: 2560x1600

Locale: Chinese, with UTF-8 support

Bug: The small window on the top-right corner have a wrong transparent window layer

I upgraded to Windows 11 just after it released and this bug has not been fixed since the first version of Windows 11 and it has been 1 year!!!

Can I fix it myself by changing some code or regedit?

13 Replies
Hi, is there this error on another computer in your language version too?
Have you downloaded the latest display drivers?
That could be a temporary issue, can you restart your laptop/PC and tell us if it still appears.
I said that I have seen it for a year

this proves that it still happens after I reboot 100000 times or even 90000 times.
In that case, use the Feedback Hub is an app available on Windows devices. You can search for it, press Win + F to open it and submit feedback.
yes, I have seen that

I use Beta version and I install the latest drivers

I use Thinkpad X13 2021 Intel

GPU: Intel Xe Graphics (TGL GT2)

I have submitted a feedback, thanks! It is welcome if anyone have or can reproduce the same issue In fact it happens everytime even I use the insider beta ISO to re-install windows.

That's great. I will try and reproduce this issue, but I have Asus laptop, so I am not sure if I can see the same issue.

@Firestar-Reimu 

" it happens everytime even I use the insider beta ISO to re-install windows."

this means that you do not have applications installed by the manufacturer, which often cause problems.

The second direction would be to contact Intel , since this is a new computer, and unusual behavior may occur.

of course, scanning system files is ineffective and does not show errors?

1. I have seen this issue on my Thinkpad and my GF's HP computer.

2. After I updated windows to 22H2 and installed all drivers from Intel etc., this issue still occur.

@Firestar-Reimu 

it seems that Microsoft engineers have not refined the built-in function!

Well, the Feedback Hub app for Windows is the only place to pass on this apparent error.

https://imgur.com/XpxjmFr.jpg 

I also see the vertical lines on the spotlight lock screen.
If anyone has information about the repair, please let me know.
DELL VOSTRO 15 3568
Resolution: 1920x1080
GPU Driver: Intel 31.0.101.2111
Version: Windows 11 22H2 Build: 22621.674
Thanks!

In 2023 on Windows 11, 22H2 Build 22621.1928 there is still this bug! Did anybody find out how to fix it. It seems that the shadow of the description window doesn't have the same height than the displayed description box.
I'm using a Lenovo laptop, too.
Thank you for any advice or fix!