Windows insider preview 22621.1 (ni_release)

Copper Contributor

I can download the update but it will not install and I get error code 0x80070002 and the suggestion to try again which I havew done to no avail.

25 Replies

Thank you

@mhendric 

for step "2.) On the folder (files) in question" may I know which folder it is?

@mhendric can you make a short video please?

Thanks for the info and help here. But, I went through all of the above and yet still to no avail. Not able to get : Windows 11 Insider Preview 10.0.22623.730 (ni_release)-Download error - 0x80248007 to download. I click retry. nothing happens now. I have even tried to redownload Windows 11. That wouldn't work either. I'm a gamer and love to help with this Insider program and work with others a swell. Please help someone. I've gone through all of the Windows troubleshooters and with the techs as well. What can i do? Should i just Opt out of the Windows Insider program. Only thing is, i don't have a copy of windows 11 to go back to that was given out to us when it came out.
You should download the iso for your version of windows and click to update. This should help you as an in-place update should reset the files for it to update. Also check the logs folder to see if there are any issues with any folders or files. Hope this can help you. If not please make a report in feedback hub and wait for the next beta release. It may fix this for you.