SOLVED

Windows Insider Beta forcing to Dev Bug

Copper Contributor

image_2023-05-19_105258049.pngSo I tried Windows Insider Program since I can't receive Windows 11 22h2 update even though my pc passed all the requirements. I chose the Beta Channel and downloaded all the files needed. It works well and I'm quite satisfied but I later found out that this is not the permanent and stable or the actual version of windows 11 if you'll compare if you updated from the windows update itself. So I decided to leave insider and found out that I can still obtain the actual windows 11 version until this current beta version of mine got release in public so I don't mind using this beta until that release. and so I followed all the instructions and successfully queued my windows insider unenrollment. and this is where the bug starts, Idk why but after leaving the insider program, it randomly shows that I am using THE DEV CHANNEL Even though I wasn't plus my Microsoft account was properly signed in, and I already did several troubleshooters like editing the registry and some cmd but still the bug persists and I noticed that it is actually a bug since there are times that whenever I check it, it shows that it's stable, recognizable Microsoft account, and using the beta channel but most of the time it's like this and forcing to show that I'm using the DEV even though I wasn't. this bothers me so much since it also prompts to install another update which is related to DEV which I don't need since I already entered beta, and it's harder to leave the DEV since you still need to have a clean installation which is a BIG HASSLE compared to BETA which is more stable, and you can leave whenever there's already a public release of that version.

2 Replies
best response confirmed by intzzzz (Copper Contributor)
Solution

You may copy / paste and run these command in command prompt as administrator, then reboot

reg delete "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\WindowsSelfHost\Account" /f
reg delete "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\WindowsSelfHost\Applicability" /f
reg delete "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\WindowsSelfHost\Cache" /f
reg delete "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\WindowsSelfHost\ClientState" /f
reg delete "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\WindowsSelfHost\UI" /f
reg delete "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\WindowsSelfHost\Restricted" /f
reg delete "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\WindowsSelfHost\ToastNotification" /f
reg delete "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\WindowsUpdate\SLS\Programs\WUMUDCat" /f
reg delete "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\WindowsUpdate\SLS\Programs\RingExternal" /f
reg delete "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\WindowsUpdate\SLS\Programs\RingPreview" /f
reg delete "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\WindowsUpdate\SLS\Programs\RingInsiderSlow" /f
reg delete "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\WindowsUpdate\SLS\Programs\RingInsiderFast" /f
I appreciate this but I've already fixed everything by removing the latest quality and feature update and successfully left insider program as well as received the windows 11 22h2 update
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by intzzzz (Copper Contributor)
Solution

You may copy / paste and run these command in command prompt as administrator, then reboot

reg delete "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\WindowsSelfHost\Account" /f
reg delete "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\WindowsSelfHost\Applicability" /f
reg delete "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\WindowsSelfHost\Cache" /f
reg delete "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\WindowsSelfHost\ClientState" /f
reg delete "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\WindowsSelfHost\UI" /f
reg delete "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\WindowsSelfHost\Restricted" /f
reg delete "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\WindowsSelfHost\ToastNotification" /f
reg delete "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\WindowsUpdate\SLS\Programs\WUMUDCat" /f
reg delete "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\WindowsUpdate\SLS\Programs\RingExternal" /f
reg delete "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\WindowsUpdate\SLS\Programs\RingPreview" /f
reg delete "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\WindowsUpdate\SLS\Programs\RingInsiderSlow" /f
reg delete "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\WindowsUpdate\SLS\Programs\RingInsiderFast" /f

View solution in original post