Windows Insider: Beta Channel (Discounted/Free 11 Home to 11 Pro)

Copper Contributor

Hey Everyone, 

I'm not sure I'm in the correct place. I've never posted on here before. I'm on Windows 11 Home Edition through the beta channel. I was wondering if anyone knows a way to move from 11 Home Edition to 11 Pro Edition (or is there another better suited?).

I am a student. Majoring in software development. I have interests in joining the developer program here, I'm just a bit nervous it's too advanced for me. I would really like to access the features that are available on other versions of Windows. I was able to enable Hyper-V. But I would like to have access to the sandbox (Not sure if that's even available on the PRO edition), screencasting. I can sometimes cast a youtube and some other things, but not just screencast my full desktop, for example) and Bitlocker. My device is definitely capable. I checked and the status of my TPM, it says Status: Ready to use.

I have 32gb RAM and 1tb SSD (also a couple external HDD/SSD)

Anyways, I can't afford to pay for the pro version. I was wondering what the absolute cheapest way to get it would be. Or if there are work arounds like there is for enabling Hyper-V.

Thank You,

John 

0 Replies