Windows Defender removed on Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 22000.65

Copper Contributor

I was going to change some settings in security dashboard but it says it doesn't exist.

I have tried dism.exe online cleanup-image restorehealth and sfc /scannow but hasn't fixed the issue.

I hope you have some suggestions in getting it back.

2 Replies

I kinda have the same problem. Really haven't checked the build number, but I will if necessary. When I open up Windows Defender, it has a blank homepage (just a black window), and a few settings under the Settigns tab. I tried going into Windows Settings and going to Security, but when I click on "Open Windows Defender" all of a sudden the Settings app freezes all the time. Even tried to restart, didn't work, problem was still up.

Same problem on multiple windows 11 updates - some have found an answer but others have been left with no access to Defender Suite- for Me I'm hoping I can carry out a Factory Reset back to W10 and hopefully rejoin insiders & try the Upgrade one final time - if that final attempt fails I'll be content with staying on W10 platform till 2025 or as long as this 18month old laptop lasts! Sadly Tech has lots of faults & glitches and isn't 100% reliable but we have to accept not everything's perfect ;)