Windows Defender blank Windows 11

Copper Contributor

Hi ... since updating from Windows 10 to Windows 11 (21H2  /  22000.376) my defender screen has been blank.  I've tried all the fixes I've discovered online, but nothing has fixed the problem.  The powershell commands run without error, but don't change the behaviour. 

Also, if I "scan with microsoft defender" from the context menu, I get this strange "Page not available" message.  My PC is a stand alone device and is not part of any corporate network.  I am the owner / administrator.  This suggests to me that the problem may lie in the permissions somewhere ... but I don't know where, if indeed that it the case at all ?Packages run successfully but change nothingPackages run successfully but change nothingSecurity page is blankSecurity page is blankContext menu scan resultContext menu scan result

I have verified that the services are running (Windows defender / Windows Security) but the settings page reports no providers :

Screenshot (85).png

If there's anyone out there who can shed some light on this issue, I would be extremely grateful !

10 Replies
Try open start and search for feedback and open the Feedback Hub app and report this issue.
Try perform the Clean Boot and see if the problem persist?
Take a look at:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/how-to-perform-a-clean-boot-in-windows-da2f9573-6eec-00ad-...

Hi

Thanks for your reply.

I tried a clean boot, but the behaviour was just the same, unfortunately.

Try open start and search for feedback and open the Feedback Hub app and report this issue and make sure include the screenshot too.
Open start and search for cmd or command prompt and right click and run it as administrator and then type the following command:

sfc /scannow

Press enter and let it runs.

Thanks again for the reply.

I've already tried all the usual things, including sfc and dism, but the result is always the same  ... no change in the situation.

In this case, report this issue using the Feedback Hub app as I mentioned earlier.
In case you have access to the Windows installer media try run it and perform a repair.
Have the same problem. Any fixes yet?
Make sure perform steps I shared earlier and also open the command prompt as administrator and then type the following commands:

DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanup
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

@Reza_Ameri Thanks, but it doesn't work for me.

Only full reinstall of Win11 helped. With saving installed programs.

Thank you for the update, I believe your installation have been corrupted.