Windows 8.1 to Windows 11

Copper Contributor
My PC is windows 8 which got upgrade to windows 8.1
Would I be able to upgrade to window 11 without having to update it to windows 10?
I have never gotten a direct answer to this.
Lately I have been receiving news saying the older PCs can also get an upgrade to windows 11. Please verify if it is true and give some specifics on that.
And if there is an available beta version, where can I find it? And how to install it?
4 Replies
As I know, you can upgrade from Windows 8/8.1 directly to Windows 11, but not for free, so I'd recommend you to first upgrade to Windows 10 and then to Windows 11, so you don't pay any extra fees. If your upgrade from Windows 10 to Windows 11 fails, do not hesitate to email me (paulvouros2008@gmail.com), but I cannot also help with the upgrade from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10, because I don't know anything about it.

Hi,

Windows 11 will automatically activate with your product code, even with a second partition with Windows 8.1

I personally went back to 8.1 as it was better :) 

have a wonderful day!

Shawn

@PixelPanda UPDATE:

You will have to go to Windows 10 then upgrade to 11, you will not be able to directly update to 11 from 8.1 Or do a clean install :) 

Shawn

You would rather not do a clean install, because you may need a new product key.