Windows 11 won’t recognize Integrated motherboard Bluetooth

Copper Contributor
I have Bluetooth built into my motherboard but Windows 11 won’t recognize it in Device Manager. In fact the Bluetooth category doesn’t even show up. I’ve tried disabling and re enabling Bluetooth in the BIOS. I’ve tried uninstalling the Bluetooth drivers from the driver store and re installing them. Nothing seems to happen. Bluetooth just won’t show up on device manager.

I am currently using;

ASUS ROG Strix B550-E Gaming Motherboard
AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
29 Replies

@AxlGundamI'm adding that I'm having the exact same problem with my asus b550m-plus wifi motherboard. ASUS support gave me the same fix attempts but nothing worked, they just defaulted to motherboard not being supported by win11 and that I should reverty back to win10. I'm hoping more comments on these message chains could help microsoft fix the issue if the problem is on their end.

J'écris ceci en Français mais j'espère que la traduction fonctionnera pour vous. J'ai une carte mère ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING WIFI et je n'ai pas pu avoir le Bluetooth pendant un moment. C'est un bug que j'ai pu avoir avec ma carte mère qui est assez bizarre. Débranchez l'entièreté des périphériques usb de votre carte mère puis débranchez l'alimentation de celui-ci pendant 10 secondes.
Rallumez votre pc et dites moi si cela a fonctionné. En coupant l'alimentation de votre matériel, la puce devrait s'être réinitialisé. Vérifiez quand même que le Bluetooth est activé sur le bios après cela après les différentes manipulations que vous avez effectué au dessus
J'écris ceci en Français mais j'espère que la traduction fonctionnera pour vous. J'ai une carte mère ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING WIFI et je n'ai pas pu avoir le Bluetooth pendant un moment. C'est un bug que j'ai pu avoir avec ma carte mère qui est assez bizarre. Débranchez l'entièreté des périphériques usb de votre carte mère puis débranchez l'alimentation de celui-ci pendant 10 secondes.
Rallumez votre pc et dites moi si cela a fonctionné. En coupant l'alimentation de votre matériel, la puce devrait s'être réinitialisé. Vérifiez quand même que le Bluetooth est activé sur le bios après cela après les différentes manipulations que vous avez effectué au dessus.

@jbsan3I'm absolutely dumbstruck but this actually worked. Bluetooth is working correctly now! Thank you so much for the reply/help!

@jbsan3 well dude, you are genius. It really worked. I founded strange, because i upgraded my computer day before windows 11. And windows 10 did showed Bluetooth. 11 said there was no bluetooth on board, so i started to doubt if i bought it right. Well thanks a lot!

Just writing to say this also worked for me, thank you @jbsan3
To make things easier for everyone, If you are having this issue with an ASUS ROG Strix Motherboard and Windows 11.

@jbsan3 had the correct answer but I will translate for him, Shut down your PC and unplug it from the power cable for about 1m until the power fully cycles out of the motherboard. Plug it back in and turn your PC back on and the Bluetooth should show up in the Device Manger and become detected by your PC again.

@AxlGundam try restore you'r bios setting.

I have same problem , after restore my bios setting to default setting , windows recognize my Bluetooth 

I registered to techcommunity just to reply to you @jbsan3.

You're fix worked.

For people who don't want to google translate - Check if bluetooth is enabled in your BIOS. Unplug all USB devices, unplug your power supply for 10 seconds (this should reset your mobo) and boom. It works!
The fix posted by @jbsan3 works like magic. Thank you!
I was about to buy a bluetooth adapter when I saw this. And It worked! Thank you very much good sir

@jbsan3 Merci à toi, ton astuce a fait fonctionner mon bluetooth! 

I registered just to be able to say thankyou!!!
I'm running windows 10 20H2, and the Blue Tooth adapter just stopped working.
Mother board model ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS (WI-FI).

After updating driver and thumbing around the internet, at the point of loosing all hope, I found you post!!!

Although at first you might say, WTF ?? but the truth is that this worked for me.

Most likely Asus must have some sort of defect on the MB layout, and as already said, doing this will rest the blue tooth controller, discharging and powering of the chip off completely.

THANKYOU @jbsan3 !!!! I would buy you a drink if I could, you input was a life saver.

Thank you very much!!! I thought it was a dead end...
@jbsan3 solution worked perfectly! Merci!

By the way, I have an ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-E GAMING WIFI motherboard. Adding it here to help anyone googling for a solution.

Solution translated: unplug any USB devices, unplug power from PC for 10 seconds (to energy cycle the motherboard) and try again.

I was about to buy a bluetooth adapter. Thank you!

@jbsan3 It worked, thank you!!!!

@jbsan3 Merci mon cher et tendre amis

Work on NZXT N7 B550

Add me to the absolutely dumbfounded list that this fixed the problem. Just performed a Windows 11 update this morning, and Bluetooth stopped working after a reboot. I've tried every other troubleshooting method removing the driver and rescanning, upgrading the BIOS, and ensuring all drivers were updated. Only to find out that disconnecting everything and shutting it off was all that was needed... Bug indeed!

@jbouse 

Indeed :relieved_face:.. it's a horrible feature, but I had the same problem in Windows 10.. 

I'm just happy to have fixed the issue.

I even though for a second that my MB didn't have Bluetooth. But then remembered that my headphones where connect to the system in times through Bluetooth :face_with_tears_of_joy:.