SOLVED

Windows 11, version 22H2 Insider Preview 10.0.22598.200 (ni_release) getting stuck on HP Spectre

Copper Contributor

I'm trying to do the Windows Update Windows 11, version 22H2 Insider Preview 10.0.22598.200 (ni_release) and everything appears to be going through correctly but after the restart, it hangs at the OEM HP logo. It will not pass that screen. I have to reboot it twice in order to get the message that the computer is undoing any changes it made previously.

23 Replies

hello world! sorry my english, am testing microsoft for a few years, and w11 install always fails after a new build. looking for some solution on the web, but nothing found. so, i discover a bug in the installer boot config file after the restart, windows 11 reboot the system firstime, and looop to nothing and restore windows 10.

i do this, make an usb boateable disk with w10 or w11, and entry to recovery, remember put disable the secureboot in bios. inside recovery, go to entry boot order, an select windows 11 manually, and the install workfine for me.

the bug autoselect the recovery entry boot to windows 11 undone, fail install. 

sorry my english, i hope this mayful help for you! 

@BatoolSJ 

@Doug Cote 
Thanks for sharing this info.
Saved my day. Been strugling with installation failure for 2-3 weeks. And found no solutions.
Went into BIOS turned on virtulization.
Now update 22598.ni_release.220408-1503 was installed without any problems.
May the computer gods bles you.... Thanks

@BatoolSJ 

Issue resolved after changing the drive mode from intel optane to AHCI in bios. Reinstalled the insider preview 10.0.22598.200 (ni_release) and it succeed finally. 

Issue resolved after changing the drive mode from intel optane to AHCI in bios. Reinstalled the insider preview 10.0.22598.200 (ni_release) and it succeed finally.