Tech Community Live: Windows edition
Jun 05 2024, 07:30 AM - 11:30 AM (PDT)
Microsoft Tech Community
SOLVED

Windows 11 Upgrade 10.0.22000.120 BSOD Process1_Initalization_Failed upon reboot

Copper Contributor

So I recently switched to the Windows Insider Beta build. And when I go to restart to upgrade to Windows 11 the computer goes into the "Upgrades are applying" screen before it reboots at 100%. When it tries to start back up it goes to a black BSOD with the error PROCESS1_INITIALIZATION_FAILED. Then reboots to a constant black screen until I hold down the power button to turn it off and back on. Which then it reboots to Windows 10. I can attach my Memory dump file if needed.

Error code: 0xc1900101
Note: Works fine when installing it on a hypervisor from Windows 10.

I should probably note: I did have a Hyper-Visor VM running Windows 11 prior to installing the update, which had shut down the host computer upon hitting start>power>shutdown. Which I though weird and that I must've seen my screen wrong. But upon booting back up prior to the update and logging in my computer BSODed with a "Service_Start_Exception" stop code. And then restarting it was fine afterwards.

41 Replies
just made the call to move back to win10. starting to move to the pre-alpha versions meaning it could be out soon. can't give a date on when but I wont blurt out any more bc of the NDA please if you are trying to install .100 version please dont. as its better to wait now then download the insider
I think I am too NOOB to try this.
My build is 25151. Rs Pre release 220625-1835.
the same problem you solved is with me .
please help me
thank you