Windows 11 Start menu not working

Copper Contributor

I just updated to Windows 11 today and the Start menu hasn't been successfully opened.

I've tried to open it with touchscreen, mouse, physical keyboard and the touch keyboard but none of them worked. By the way, when I tap or click on it (not push the keyboard), it will act like it is opened (the icon will be marked) but I've never seen the pop up. I restarted my laptop, restart the Windows Explorer as well but the issue is still persists.

Everything else works so far so the system works alright.

I'm hoping that some of you have ideas on how to fix this issue or what it could be.

Thanks

Windows specs:

Edition Windows 11 Home
Version 21H2
Installed on ‎1/‎10/‎2021
OS build 22000.194
Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22000.194.0

51 Replies
Same here Updated on 1st october from windows 10 . start menu is not working

Hello @Tommy_Kuo

See if this video fix helps you:

Let us know if this helps!

*Information in this reply was updated to make sure it is valid.

It Did not work for me
can you suggest any other method
Now I realized we can see a glimpse and for a small tme when we press it continuosly a 6-7 times
Atm, I don't have any other solution, but I recommend you to report the issue via Feedback hub.

@Kapil Arya Thank You.. i Already Did This And Will i Be Able to Update to normal windows 11 on Oct 5 by Quitting from windows insider

Its working now
perfectly
after a driver update
Can you write what driver did you update? I have the same problem (hp pavilion x360, core i7 11)

@Bahesh_ShenoyNow, it is Oct. 5th. And I meet the exactly same problem...

Any suggestion, which drivers need to be updated?

@Jacobin2103 i dont know how but i had a Intel Management Engine Interface Driver and DBUtil Removal Utility idont know why or how but after update it worked.

This is exactly what happens to me as well. Spamming start/windows key brings it up. However, if you don't capture input in search bar and start typing it goes away immediatly.
yes

@jermahs I am experiencing exactly the same problem as you down to the tee. I have a 2021 HP Envy x360 Convertible if that is of any use to anyone on this forum. I will let you know if I can get mine to work. Please post on here if you find out anything more.

i still facing the same issue and the icons on the left not in the middle and also the wifi icon not display anything when i click on it.
Same error , no start menu, taskbar with left alignment and menu to center taskbar dissapeared! A new account works fine but is a hassle, rolling back to 10 by now

@Tommy_Kuo 

I came across this website: https://nerdschalk.com/how-to-fix-windows-11-start-menu-not-working-issue-17-ways/

number 5 worked for me. Good Luck.

Thank Kapil. It works for me.
Still can't get it to work. Have resorted to a work around for now so that at least something happens when I hit the windows key.
https://www.startallback.com