SOLVED

Windows 11's Windows Security App can't open.

Brass Contributor

Alright guys, just now I'm trying to disable the Windows defender but I found out that I can't even open the Windows Security App. Anyone knows what's going on? Any solution? I'm looking for help. :smile:

233 Replies

@Little_Joe 

Thanks!! It worked and solved the problem

Glad to know that.

@Little_Joe Still getting an error message. Any idedas?

Reset-AppxPackage : Package was not found.
Windows cannot remove Microsoft.SecHealthUI_1000.22000.1.0_neutral__8wekyb3d8bbwe because the current user does not
have that package installed. Use Get-AppxPackage to see the list of packages installed.
At line:1 char:51
+ Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.SecHealthUI -AllUsers | Reset-AppxPackage
+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
+ CategoryInfo : NotSpecified: (:) [Reset-AppxPackage], COMException
+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException,Microsoft.Windows.Appx.PackageManager.Comman
ds.ResetAppxPackageCommand

Hello,
Try the following with admin rights:
Get-AppxPackage -allusers *SecHealthUI* | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml”}

@JianYu 

i have tried this did not work, looks like my mother board is to old 2014 and don't have tpm 2.0 so can't load it and cant find it. they bypassed it, to load windows 11 on my computer. any suggestions.

i have avast on my comp for now.

Thanks absolutely working for me. The first PowerShell script didn't work for me, i got the same problem like Michael Czopka, but this second PowerShell script is working. i' searching for this for so long.
Wow. What a champ! Thanks. It makes one to wonder what is going on all the top 10 or 6 methods.
You saved my security's life... Thanks <3
Thanks, this fixed mine as well.

@Little_Joe Thank you. I had reset my laptop to factory settings (with Win 10), upgraded to Win 11 and then uninstalled McAfee antivirus. I could not access Windows Security and felt very naked and afraid!!

A.S.A.T
Thanks....
Hello I have powershell 7.2 on my Windows 11 would that be a problem
I tried this step but it didn't work.
Thank you. worked!